Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyers Serving Columbus, Ohio
You can count on us to help with your claim
We trust nursing homes in Columbus and throughout Ohio to care for our loved ones when they need our help the most. That’s why nursing home abuse or neglect cases can be so frustrating. Instead of a family member being cared for by nursing home staff, your loved one may have a serious injury or illness due to neglect or abuse.
You can count on our experienced nursing home abuse attorneys at Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC, to help you every step of the way. We understand the challenges families often face in Columbus when dealing with these cases. We know how overwhelming these situations can be for everyone involved. That’s why we want to help you.
Our highly skilled attorneys have a well-earned reputation for getting the job done right. All three of our partners at our law firm belong to the invitation-only Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, based on the sizable settlements and verdicts we have secured for injury victims and their families. Each one of our three main attorneys has also received an AV Preeminent® rating in personal injury law in the Martindale-Hubbell® legal directory. If your loved one was harmed in a nursing home in Columbus, you can count on us to stand up for your family’s rights.
What are common causes of nursing home abuse or neglect?
Nursing home abuse or neglect in Columbus happens for many different reasons. Often, it’s because the nursing home failed to take the necessary precautions when hiring or training staff members. Specifically, common causes of nursing home neglect or abuse often include:
- Negligent hiring by nursing home, including:
- Failure to conduct proper background checks
- Hiring someone without the necessary qualifications
- Hiring someone with a history of abusive behavior
- Improper training and supervision, including:
- Not teaching staff members how to properly interact with residents
- Not firing or disciplining abusive staff members
- Not monitoring staff members when interacting with residents
- Not enough staff members working at the facility, which can result in:
- Overworked staff members who do not carefully monitor residents
- Tired staff members who sleep on the job due to overwork
- Stressed staff members who lose their temper and abuse residents
- Unsanitary conditions due to lack of staff members to clean facility
- Lack of resources, which can result in:
- Poor physical environment at the nursing home facility
- Overcrowding at nursing home
- Malnutrition due to less food or unhealthy food being served to residents
- Inadequate lighting, resulting in slip and fall injuries
- Unsanitary conditions, resulting in infections
Many nursing homes often deny these allegations. They often claim they’re doing everything they can to properly care for the residents living there. That’s why you need an experienced nursing home abuse or neglect attorney on your side, investigating your claim.
What are common nursing home abuse or neglect injuries?
Nursing home abuse or neglect injuries can cover a wide range. Some of the most common – and most serious – injuries or illnesses we deal with involving neglect or abuse at nursing homes in Columbus include:
- Hip fractures and other broken bones
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
- Heart attacks
Worst of all, many nursing home accidents and injuries are preventable. That’s why it’s important to take legal action right away. By doing so, you’re not just standing up for your loved one’s rights. You’re taking a stand for every nursing home resident at the same facility in Columbus and beyond.
How much is my nursing home abuse or neglect claim worth?
Many nursing homes often try to downplay the severity of injuries or illnesses that occur in nursing homes due to abuse or neglect. That’s because they know the stakes are often very high when it comes to these cases. Depending on the severity of your loved one’s injury or illness, their case could be worth many thousands or even millions of dollars.
As your attorney, we can demand the maximum financial compensation your family deserves for your abuse or neglect case. You may be eligible for financial compensation for:
- Medical expenses, now and in the future, related to your loved one’s injury or illness.
- Emotional distress, in certain circumstances.
- Pain and suffering, in certain circumstances.
- Funeral expenses, in the event of your loved one’s death due to their injury or illness.
Nursing home abuse or neglect cases are very serious legal matters. That’s why we take these cases seriously right from the start. You can count on our legal team to carefully investigate your claim. We know how to negotiate with nursing homes, the attorneys that represent them and their insurance companies. Many of these people often work with us once they realize we’re serious about your case. If they refuse to cooperate, we will not hesitate to file a nursing home abuse lawsuit on your behalf.
Your Columbus nursing home abuse case matters. Contact our law firm today.
This may be your only opportunity for justice. Seize it. Put the power of an experienced nursing home abuse attorney to work on your Columbus nursing home abuse or neglect case. Contact Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC and schedule your free consultation with a law firm that cares about your family.