Common Truck Accident Injuries
Head injuries, TBIs, & neck injuries, including whiplash, are common
Truck accidents often cause very serious injuries. In an instant, you or a loved one can sustain a severe injury caused by a tractor-trailer, 18-wheeler, delivery truck or another large commercial vehicle. Suddenly, you might not be able to walk or do many of the things you may take for granted. You might not be able to work.
When this happens, it’s critical that you talk to an experienced attorney as soon as possible to learn more about your legal options. That’s why our truck accident lawyers at Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC want to meet with you right away. We have years of experience dealing with complicated legal cases. We know how to investigate them and we know how the legal system works, and we have the case results to prove it.
There’s often a lot at stake when it comes to serious truck accident injuries. Your health and well-being could be on the line. So could your financial future. Accident-related expenses can add up fast. If you don’t take strong legal action, you could end up having to pay for your crash yourself. Demand the justice you deserve. Contact Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC right and schedule your free case evaluation.
What are common truck accident injuries?
Because large commercial trucks are so much bigger than many passenger vehicles, injuries sustained by people in accidents caused by truck drivers often turn out to be very severe. Some of the most common – and most serious – truck accident injuries we often deal with at our law firm include:
- Head injuries/traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Back injuries, including spinal cord injuries
- Arm or leg injuries
- Internal injuries, including organ damage
Whatever type of truck accident injury you’re dealing with, make sure you receive the medical care you need and deserve. Then, make sure you talk to an attorney at our law firm. We want to help you get your life back on track.
How much is my truck accident injury claim worth?
Many people simply consider the short-term expenses when calculating how much their truck accident injury claim is worth. We think long-term at Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC. Your settlement or verdict should include all your accident-related expenses, now and in the future. These expenses often include:
- Vehicle replacement or repair costs
- Emergency car
- Ambulance service fees
- Overnight hospital fees
- Surgical operations
- Follow-up doctor’s visits
- Physical therapy
- In-home medical care
- Replacement income during your recovery
- Lost future income if you cannot work
- Home modifications if you sustain a permanent disability
Remember, you didn’t do anything wrong, so you shouldn’t have to pay for a truck driver’s reckless or negligent behavior. We can be your advocate for justice and we can fight for your rights.
Why should I hire a lawyer to help with my truck accident injury?
There are so many reasons why you should have an experienced truck accident lawyer in your corner, fighting for your rights, including:
- Your attorney can explain all the legal options available to you.
- Your attorney can develop a unique legal strategy to address your specific needs.
- Your attorney can thoroughly investigate your truck accident, including:
- Carefully reviewing your accident report.
- Requesting information about the truck driver (hiring records, driving history) and truck (maintenance records, accident history) from the trucking company.
- Consult with experts if necessary.
- Your attorney can negotiate with the truck driver’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Your attorney can demand the maximum financial compensation in a settlement.
- Your attorney can file a truck accident injury lawsuit on your behalf if necessary.
- Your attorney can represent you in court if necessary.
Some lawyers avoid challenging legal cases. We thrive on them. That’s because we believe injury victims deserve to be compensated and at-fault truck drivers should be held accountable for their actions.
Your truck accident injury matters. Demand justice. Contact our law firm.
You often only have a limited amount of time to take legal action. From the date of your crash, you only have two years to file a lawsuit or take other legal action in most cases in both West Virginia and Central Ohio. Even then, two years may be too long. Evidence can disappear over time. Witnesses move away. Memories fade. This may be your only opportunity for justice.
Demand the justice you deserve now. Contact us Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC and schedule your free case evaluation with a truck accident lawyer you can trust. We’re here for you when you need us most.