Highway Truck Accident Lawyers in West Virginia
Was your big rig crash caused by a speeding trucker?
Truck accidents on highways in West Virginia – especially on interstates like I-64 and I-77 – often result in serious injuries. Due to the high speed and heavy weight of many tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers, all it takes is one small mistake by a truck driver to cause a severe highway truck accident.
When this happens, it’s critical that you or a loved one takes immediate action to protect your health and your rights. First and foremost, seek immediate medical attention for whoever was injured in your accident. Truck accident injuries can often be very severe. Then, contact our law firm right away to learn more about your legal options.
Our dedicated Charleston highway truck accident attorneys at Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC can vigorously fight for your rights. Our lawyers have years of experience dealing with highway truck accidents. We know how to thoroughly investigate accidents. We know how the legal system works. We are prepared to do the work that needs to be done to get you compensation.
How did your highway truck accident happen?
Highway truck accidents caused by commercial truck drivers often happen for two main reasons – neglect or inexperience. Specifically, truck drivers often cause high-speed collisions on highways for the following reasons:
- Not paying attention behind the wheel (distracted driving)
- Texting while driving (which is against the law for commercial truck drivers nationwide)
- Driving too fast for weather conditions (especially on snow or ice)
- Driving too fast due to inexperience (especially around sharp curves)
- The truck was not properly maintained (bald tires, defective brakes, etc.)
- The truck was not loaded properly (causing the truck to tip or roll over)
Whatever the cause of your highway truck accident, make sure you take your crash seriously right from the start. Make sure you make an appointment with our law firm. We can help you deal with all the complicated legal issues that often come up with accident claims.
What makes highway truck accidents so complicated?
You might think your highway truck accident case will be fairly straightforward. Many accident claims involving commercial truck drivers often turn out to be complicated legal cases. Some of the reasons why include:
- The truck driver who caused your crash denies doing anything wrong.
- The truck driver claims you somehow caused the highway truck accident.
- Different state and federal laws sometimes apply to commercial truck accidents.
- The truck driver’s trucking company refuses to provide accident data from the truck.
- There may be more than one company responsible for your accident, including:
- The trucking company that hired the driver and maintains the truck.
- The company that loaded the contents of the truck (especially if the truck was not loaded properly, causing the truck to tip or roll over on the highway).
- The company that packaged the contents inside the truck (especially if the contents were not packaged properly and caused the truck to tip over).
- The insurance company for the at-fault party may make a lowball settlement offer.
- The insurance company for the at-fault party may deny your accident claim.
You have enough to worry about after your highway truck accident. Focus on what matters most – your recovery. We can take care of everything else, from investigating your accident to negotiating the best possible settlement for you. If we’re not satisfied with their offer, we will not hesitate to file a highway truck accident lawsuit on your behalf.
Case results matter here. That’s why our law firm’s partners all belong to the elite, invitation-only Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums based on the sizable settlements and verdicts we have secured for injury victims and their families.
Highway truck accidents can be complicated. Contact us. We can help.
The stakes are high when it comes to many truck accident claims. Insurance companies and trucking companies know this. That’s why they often hire several attorneys to fight your claim and to try to pay you as little as possible – or nothing at all.
We can fight back on your behalf. We are proud to do so since we believe truck drivers, trucking companies and anyone else responsible for your accident should be held accountable for their actions.
Learn more about how we can help you. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation with a dedicated Charleston highway truck accident lawyer who puts your best interests first. Put the power of Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC to work for you.