How Can A Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Help?
Our experienced Columbus OH attorneys can fight for you
Nursing home abuse and neglect cases can be very complicated. They can also be very confusing and overwhelming for families dealing with a serious injury or illness sustained by a loved one. What are your rights? What are your options? What should you do? Fortunately, you don’t have to deal with your abuse or neglect case on your own. We can help.
Our experienced Columbus nursing home abuse lawyers at Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC, can fight for your rights every step of the way. We know how the legal system works in Ohio. We know which strategies can be effective and we have the case results to prove it. We consistently obtain sizeable settlements and verdicts for families dealing with nursing home abuse or neglect. You can count on us when it matters most.
How can a nursing home abuse attorney help me?
You might think you don’t even need a lawyer if a nursing home employee or resident injured your loved one while living in a nursing home. Many nursing home abuse or neglect cases can quickly become very challenging. Without the help and support of an experienced attorney, your loved one’s nursing home abuse or neglect claim might not get the attention it rightfully deserves.
Our dedicated legal team at Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC, can help with your nursing home abuse case in many different ways, including:
- Explaining all the legal options available to your family
- Answering any questions you might have about your potential legal case
- Having an in-depth understanding of state and federal laws governing nursing home abuse
- Thoroughly investigating your nursing home abuse claim, including:
- Examining medical records related to your loved one’s injury or illness
- Reviewing the nursing home’s hiring practices
- Analyzing the nursing home’s inspection reports
- Dealing directly with the nursing home on your family’s behalf
- Negotiating a settlement offer with the nursing home or its insurance company
- Taking legal action against the nursing home if they refuse to cooperate
- Filing a nursing home abuse lawsuit on your family’s behalf if necessary
- Representing your family in court if necessary
The stakes are often very high when it comes to many nursing home abuse claims. Depending on the severity of your loved one’s injuries, the length of their recovery and many other factors, your abuse claim could be worth thousands or even millions of dollars. Nursing homes know this. That’s why they often fight to have these claims dismissed.
We can fight back for your family. We have the knowledge, the skills and the experience to build the strongest possible legal case on your family’s behalf.
Put your trust in a Columbus law firm that puts your needs first. Contact us.
Don’t wait to take legal action. In Ohio, you often only have three years from when the abuse took place to take legal action against a nursing home. This deadline is known as the statute of limitations. Three years might seem like a long time but the longer you wait to take legal action, the harder it can often become to find the facts you need to build a strong legal case. Evidence disappears. Memories fade.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity for justice. Contact Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC and schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Columbus nursing home abuse attorney who puts your family’s best interests first.