Personal Injury | Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Charleston, WV and Columbus, OH

WV's Receiving SS Disability/SSI Must File Returns for Rebate

West Virginians who are currently receiving Social Security Disability, SSI, or Veterans Affairs benefits must file a federal tax return in order to receive a tax rebate from the federal government. A recent article estimates that nearly 50,000 disabled and retired West Virginians still have not filed their tax returns for 2007. The good news is that you have until October 15, 2008, to file the return and become eligible for between $300 to $600 rebate check that is not taxable.

According to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) statistics, cited within the article, 78 percent of retirees, disabled individuals and disabled veterans in West Virginia still need to complete the paperwork to see if they are eligible for a free check from Uncle Sam. Further, it is estimated that 5,600 people in Kanawha County have not filed the needed return.

The IRS has undertaken an outreach program to get the word out to disabled workers, veterans and retirees in West Virginia to let them know that they must file a return in order to become eligible for the economic stimulus rebate.

If you live in West Virginia and need help with the forms, you can call West Virginia's IRS offices in Charleston, Bridgeport, Parkersburg, Huntington, Martinsburg or Sophia. The offices are open Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Charleston, WV

Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC
10 Hale St Suite 501
Charleston, WV 25301
Phone: (304) 720-1000

Columbus, OH

Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC
20 E Broad St Suite 1000
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: (614) 587-8423