Helping the injured in West Virginia
Some of the most common medical errors that take place today are pharmaceutical errors. Patients can suffer long-term injury, disability, or even death when their nurse or doctor either prescribes the wrong medicine or administers the wrong type or dosage of medicine. The medical malpractice attorneys at Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC help victims of these medication errors get justice.
Pharmaceutical errors are frequently caused by:
- Failure to check a patient's history
- Breakdowns in oral or written communication
- Mistakes in the labeling of medication
- Failure to properly train and supervise those who administer medication
- Lack of drug administration protocol (or failure to follow protocol).