Memory Care Facility Abuse in Columbus, OH
Our elder abuse lawyers can demand justice for your family
Certain types of nursing homes are known as memory care facilities. These specialized nursing homes provide care for residents with memory-related issues, including Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. That’s why allegations of abuse involving memory care facility residents need to be taken seriously right from the start.
Our Columbus memory care abuse lawyers at Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC can help you every step of the way. Our attorneys have years of experience dealing with nursing home abuse and neglect cases. We thoroughly understand the state and federal laws governing memory care abuse in Ohio. We know how the legal system works and we’re prepared to build the strongest possible legal case to obtain the maximum financial compensation your family deserves.
What is a memory care facility?
As briefly explained above, memory care facilities provide specialized care for people living with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other memory-related issues. Unlike other nursing homes, memory care facilities have employees with advanced training specifically designed to deal with people with memory-related issues. Memory care facility employees also often provide additional services for residents, including:
- Checking on residents’ status more often than most nursing homes
- Making sure residents actually eat their food and drink enough water
- Helping residents bathe or clothe themselves if they’re unable to
- Physically taking residents to meals or other activities in the facility
Every memory care facility is different but the bottom line is that families should reasonably expect that memory care facility residents will receive more advanced care and more personalized attention. When residents don’t and an injury or illness occurs, the memory care facility should be held accountable for its actions.
What are common memory care facility abuse claims?
Memory care facility abuse claims can cover a wide range. Some of the most common – and most serious – claims we deal with at our law firm may involve employees or other residents:
- Physical abusing (hitting, slapping, etc.) memory care facility residents
- Verbally abusing (yelling, teasing, etc.) memory care facility residents
- Sexual abusing residents
Memory care neglect can also sometimes be a very serious issue with serious consequences. Examples of memory care facility neglect can include:
- Not feeding residents enough food
- Not properly cleaning resident’s rooms
- Not regularly washing residents
- Not checking in on residents as often as promised
Whatever type of memory case abuse or neglect claim your family is dealing with, we want to help you hold the facility responsible for its actions.
What makes memory care facility abuse cases so complicated?
Memory care facility abuse claims often turn out to be very complicated legal cases. Some of the reasons why include:
- Memory care facility denies doing anything wrong
- Memory care facility claims your family member made up what happened
- Your loved one has no memory of being abused or neglected
- Memory care facility’s insurance company denies your abuse claim
Don’t let the memory care facility dictate what happens to you or your loved one. Take back control. Talk to an attorney at our law firm. We can fight for justice for you.
How can a memory care facility abuse lawyer help me with my case?
There are many different ways our experienced memory care facility abuse attorneys can assist your family with your legal case, including:
- Thoroughly investigating your abuse or neglect allegation
- Consulting with experts if necessary as part of our investigation
- Dealing directly with the memory care facility on behalf of your family
- Negotiating a settlement for your family to cover your abuse-related expenses, including medical bills
- Filing a memory care facility abuse lawsuit if necessary on your family’s behalf
- Representing your family in all courtroom appearances
We know what’s at stake and we have the case results to prove it. Our award-winning attorneys consistently obtain sizable settlements and verdicts for injury victims and their families.
We also know your case is not just about the money. It’s about holding the memory care facility accountable for its actions. It’s about putting a stop to abuse of your loved one and perhaps even other memory care facility residents. It’s about justice.
Hold memory care facilities accountable. Contact our Columbus law firm.
This may be your only opportunity for justice. Make sure your family puts up the strongest possible fight for your loved one. Contact Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC and schedule your free case evaluation. Our Columbus memory care facility abuse lawyers have the experience, the knowledge and the will to win your case. We can fight for you.