How Can A Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer Help?
Our Columbus, OH attorneys explain what we can do
Dealing with nursing home neglect can be very challenging, especially if a family member is seriously injured or sick due to nursing home neglect. That’s why it’s important for families to fully understand their rights and all their legal options. That’s why our Columbus nursing home neglect lawyers want to meet with you.
Our attorneys at Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC, have years of experienced dealing with cases involving nursing home abuse or neglect. We know the challenges people often face. We understand how the legal system works and we’re prepared to do the work that needs to be done to build the strongest possible legal case for your family.
Our Central Ohio law firm has a strong track record of success. All of our partners belong to the elite, invitation-only Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums. Lawyers are invited to join the organization based on the sizable settlements and verdicts they have secured for injury victims and their families. In addition, our three main attorneys have received an AV Preeminent® rating in personal injury law in the Martindale-Hubbell® legal directory. We’re the law firm you want when you’re dealing with nursing home neglect.
How a nursing home neglect attorney can help your family
You might think you don’t need a lawyer to deal with nursing home neglect, especially if these allegations are being investigated by Ohio’s Bureau of Survey and Certification Complaint Unit, a division of Ohio’s Department of Health responsible for investigating nursing home abuse or neglect complaints in Ohio.
These cases often turn out to be complicated for many reasons. That’s why it’s important that you have an experienced nursing home neglect lawyer on your side, because:
- Your lawyer can explain the legal options available to your family in your nursing home neglect case.
- Your lawyer can answer any questions your family might have about your legal case.
- Your lawyer should thoroughly understand state and federal laws governing nursing home neglect in Ohio.
- Your lawyer can independently investigate your nursing home neglect allegation to make sure all the evidence has been carefully considered. This process often includes:
- Thoroughly examining your loved one’s medical records for evidence of neglect.
- Reviewing the nursing home’s hiring practices to make sure staff members have the necessary training and experience.
- Requesting nursing home employees’ disciplinary records to determine if staff members have been reprimanded in the past for neglect.
- Analyzing the nursing home’s inspection reports to determine if the nursing home has been cited for violations involving neglect or abuse in the past.
- Your lawyer can deal with the nursing home and its attorneys directly on your family’s behalf.
- Your lawyer can negotiate a settlement for your loved one’s nursing home neglect-related expenses, including emergency medical care, ambulance fees, overnight hospital stays and other related expenses.
- If the nursing home refuses to cooperate, your lawyer can file a nursing home neglect lawsuit on your family’s behalf or take other legal action.
- Your lawyer can represent your family in court if necessary.
Nursing homes and their attorneys often take a very tough stance in cases involving nursing home neglect. That’s because they know the stakes are often very high when it comes to many nursing home abuse claims. Your nursing home neglect claim could potentially be worth thousands or perhaps millions of dollars.
Our law firm can help you take a stand against the nursing home. We know which approaches are often the most effective. As your attorney, we will take the time to create a strategy that suits your specific circumstances.
Put your trust in a nursing home neglect lawyer who puts your needs first
The clock is running. In Ohio, you often only have three years from when an injury or illness took place to file a lawsuit for nursing home neglect. This deadline (known as the statute of limitations) might seem like a long time but the sooner you take legal action in most cases, the better. Otherwise, the evidence you need to build a successful legal case might not be there years later.
Put your trust in a law firm that puts your family’s needs first. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Columbus nursing neglect lawyer at Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC. We’re here for you when you need us most.