Surgical Error Lawyers in Columbus, OH
Our attorneys can demand justice for you
Surgical errors can have serious consequences. When surgeons or other medical professionals make mistakes in the operating room, serious injuries, infections or other life-threatening medical problems can occur. When that happens, it’s critical that you talk to a medical malpractice lawyer if you or a loved one sustained a serious injury due to a surgical mistake.
Our Columbus surgical error attorneys at Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC, know how to handle challenging legal cases. We have years of experience representing people harmed by surgical errors. We thoroughly understand the laws governing these cases in Ohio. That’s why we consistently secure sizable settlements and verdicts for people harmed by medical malpractice. Case results truly matter here.
How are surgical errors caused by medical malpractice?
Surgeons, nurses, anesthesiologists and other medical professionals involved in surgical procedures undergo years of training in order to safely operate on people suffering from serious injuries or illnesses.
Unfortunately, some health care professionals make mistakes during surgical procedures. When they do, that’s known as medical malpractice. Some of the different ways medical malpractice can involve surgical procedures include:
- Incompetent surgeons
- Inexperienced surgeons
- Misdiagnosis of medical condition by a surgeon
- Unsanitary hospital conditions, resulting in a surgical infection
- Poor communication between medical professionals before, during or after surgery
- Lack of sleep, causing surgeons or other surgical staff members to make mistakes
- Operating on a patient under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Reckless behavior, resulting in neglect or harm to a patient
Whatever mistakes were made during a surgical procedure involving you or a loved one, you should not have to suffer because of someone else’s errors. Our dedicated legal team can help you hold them accountable for their actions.
What are common surgical errors?
Surgical errors involving medical malpractice can cover a wide range, including:
- Operating on a patient using unsterilized medical instruments, causing an infection
- Anesthesia errors, including administering the wrong amount of anesthesia before or during the operation
- Operating on the wrong side of a patient
- Making an incision in the wrong part of a patient
- Leaving surgical instruments inside a patient
- Operating on the wrong patient
Don’t underestimate the seriousness or severity of your surgical error injury. Take strong legal action to hold the surgeon or other medical professionals accountable. Talk to an attorney at our law firm. We can help.
What makes medical malpractice surgical error cases so complicated?
In almost every case, most medical malpractice claims involving surgical errors turn out to be complicated legal cases. Some of the reasons why include:
- The surgeon or other medical professional who caused your injury denies doing anything wrong.
- The surgeon or medical professional responsible for your surgical error claims your injury could not be prevented.
- The surgeon or hospital they work for refuses to cooperate with the investigation.
- The surgeon or hospital hires an attorney or legal team to defend their actions.
- The insurance company representing the surgeon or hospital denies your claim.
Don’t let surgeons, other medical professionals or hospitals intimidate you. If you or a loved one sustained a serious injury due to a surgical error, take back control. Put the power of our legal team to work for you.
How can a medical malpractice lawyer help me with my surgical error case?
When you have Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC, in your corner, you can take a stand against the medical professionals who caused your surgical error injury. As your attorney, we can:
- Thoroughly investigate your surgical error claim
- Consult with medical experts if necessary
- Deal directly with the hospital on your behalf
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf
- File a surgical error lawsuit if necessary
- Represent you in all court appearances if necessary
The stakes are high. In many cases, your surgical error claim may be worth tens of thousands or millions of dollars. Surgeons, hospitals and their insurance providers know this. That’s why they often do everything they can to deny your injury claim.
They don’t intimidate us. We can demand maximum financial compensation for you. Our highly-skilled attorneys understand what strategies often work best. We will not rest in our fight for justice for you.
Hold surgeons or other medical professionals accountable
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to obtain the financial compensation you need and deserve. In Ohio, you often only have one year from the date of your surgical error to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. If you miss that deadline, you may not be able to take legal action.
Act now. Contact Mani Ellis & Layne, PLLC and schedule your free case evaluation. Our Columbus surgical error lawyers have the knowledge, the skills and the drive to win your case. We won’t back down when you need us most.